Sunday, June 13, 2010

Two days of sun are great for getting stuff done!

I have been having a hard time deciding what I want to do today! We have had two great days of sunshine and I have been doing my best to get out in it and recharge my batteries. The best part of it is everything starts to dry out! When it is cold and rainy being by the river can cause problems; things stay wet and it is always at least 10 degrees cooler! Great for the summer though when temps get up in the triple digits!

Even though Yellow Pine is way up in the mountains and completely surrounded by huge monoliths we are actually a little over 4,000 ft. We went from watching the river completely swollen and tearing up roads and filled with so much debris and silt that the water ran milky white to having it drop at least a foot in two days and start running clear. From the top of our road you can look down (about 500 ft) and see completely to the bottom of the river. It is quite beautiful and very relaxing. I know that if you took Mike and my blood pressure we would be back down in the lower ranges. His actually rose at least 30 points working out at the prison.

Ah....Mike should be starting work on Wednesday up at Stibnite. I am really bummed that my old hard drive crashed. All my pictures of Stibnite were on it and I took more pictures when we were up there the other day but I haven't downloaded them yet. It was raining the whole time, sometimes hard, sometimes a drizzle. We went up and talked to a couple of the geologists to see if we could find Mike's boss but we were told he would be coming up with the drill and they can't bring the drill up until the roads harden back up. Apparently there is a weight limit when the roads are soggy. Makes sense.

Well, the laundry is almost done.

No comments:

Post a Comment