Friday, June 18, 2010

Guess what I did today!!?

Look Ma! I still have all my fingers and toes!!




So Jock and I were on our way back home from town and as I was looking at all the trees and found a couple of them that are being eaten to death by Bark Beatles so I told Mike I wanted to cut it down with my new chainsaw. Through some bartering he wrangled a brand new Stihl Farm Boss for me to keep on my 4-wheeler while I’m puttering around just in case I have to cut any trees out of the roadway. So, just to humor me, he took a break from building our guest cabin and taught me how to use the saw before cutting (lol, no pun intended) me loose. I told him we had to get pictures because no one would believe me!



These are the piles of limbs left over from the top of the tree.








That’s a lot of wood!
I’m afraid of what my back is going to feel like tomorrow! I have been pretty much laid up with spasms since we got here. I can already feel the muscle over my right hip twitching. Not bad for a days work if you ask me! I think my daddy would be proud! I am very grateful for having a husband that isn’t afraid of teaching stuff like this. Now we can go wood cutting together and get twice the work done in less time. Well, got to make dinner. I worked up quite the appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment